Pawsh Pet Care Warranty
Pawsh Park has a long-standing reputation for providing the very best care of our clients’ pet companions. Based on this reputation and the trust our clients have in our company, we are happy to announce an additional service that underscores our continuing commitment to provide the highest quality of pet care.
Beginning September 12, 2022 Pawsh Park announces a new Pet Care Warranty that will reimburse our clients up to $500 in eligible veterinary expenses for illnesses or injuries that occur due to their visit Pawsh Park. The details of this new benefit for our clients’ pets are presented below.
Which pets are covered?
All pets lodging at Pawsh Park or participating in the Doggie Daycare program will be covered by the new Pet Care Warranty.
Eligible expenses include diagnostic and/or treatment expenses provided by a licensed veterinarian that are directly related to an illness or injury that arises as a result of the pet’s visit to Pawsh Park. This includes illnesses or injuries that arise during the pet’s visit, or illnesses or injuries that become evident up to five days after the pet leaves Pawsh Park. Expenses that are not eligible for reimbursement include: pre-existing conditions; illnesses or injuries sustained by the pet before arriving at Pawsh Park; age-related illnesses or injuries; injuries inflicted by pets in the same family; illnesses to pets whose vaccinations are not current; and acts of God including hurricanes, tornadoes, and floods. While Pawsh Park does not require pets to have a canine influenza virus (CIV) vaccination, this vaccination is strongly encouraged; and expenses related to the diagnosis and treatment of canine influenza are not eligible for reimbursement if the pet has not received a current CIV vaccination.
The maximum reimbursements are $200 per visit for coughs, stomach bugs, or minor illnesses, & $500 per visit for other, not to exceed $1,000 per year.
The Pet Warranty is provided for a nominal charge of only $1 per pet per day, which will be included automatically on the owner’s invoice when payment is made for lodging or doggie daycare.
How to seek reimbursement
Pet owners must follow these steps in order to request reimbursement for eligible expenses:
1. The illness or injury must be reported to the General Manager within five days of the pet’s departure from Pawsh Park to qualify for reimbursement, and the pet must have been evaluated by a licensed veterinarian within these five days. Example: If the pet leaves Pawsh Park at noon on Monday, the owner must provide notice by noon on that Saturday.
2. The pet owner is responsible for paying all veterinary expenses directly to the licensed veterinarian or animal clinic. Pawsh Park will not make payment to the veterinarian. To be eligible for >reimbursement, the pet owner is also required to make full payment to Pawsh Park for any lodging or doggie daycare expenses incurred during their pet’s visit.
3. The pet owner must submit a copy of the veterinarian’s diagnosis and treatment charges within two weeks of the pet’s departure from Pawsh Park. The request for reimbursement should be submitted to the General Manager via email, fax, or hand-delivery to ensure the information is received promptly.
4. Pawsh Park may require a conference call with the treating veterinarian to learn more about the illness or injury or confirm that the illness or injury was not due to any pre-existing conditions. In these cases, pet owners must give their veterinarian authorization to speak to a Pawsh Park manager regarding their pet’s condition. Otherwise, the warranty will be void.
5. Within 10 days of receiving the request for reimbursement and a copy of veterinary expenses and diagnosis, Pawsh Park will mail a check payable to the pet owner to reimburse eligible expenses up to a maximum of $500 per visit or $1,000 annually in any 12-month period. If there is any question about the applicability or necessity of a diagnostic test or treatment, Pawsh Park will seek the counsel of one or more independent veterinarians prior to determining final reimbursement eligibility, which shall be determined in Pawsh Park’ sole discretion. Pawsh Park maintains the right to disqualify expenses that are not, in the opinion of our consulting veterinarians, directly related to the diagnosis and/or treatment of the pet’s illness or injury.
Pawsh Park may terminate this Pet Care Warranty program at any time. If cancelled, Pawsh Park shall reimburse the owner for eligible veterinary expenses incurred during the period of time in which the Pet Care Warranty fee was charged to the owner.
I understand the terms and conditions of the Pet Care Warranty. I also understand that this program will continue indefinitely until Pawsh Park notifies its customers of any changes to the terms and conditions.
If any part of this Agreement shall be deemed unenforceable or illegal or in conflict with the General Statutes of the State under which this Agreement shall be governed, then the parties agree that the portion of this Agreement deemed illegal or in conflict with the Statutes shall be void, but the remainder of the Agreement shall be valid and enforceable.